Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

Hunger Rumblings

The ELCA World Hunger staff and their associates blog about world hunger, its causes and solutions, and anything else they find relevant.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A vocational poster assignment

Tonight I came across this picture of my daughter, Annie, eleven years old at the time, with a poster project for a class. It seems to be a "What do I want to do when I grow up" assignment. Some of the images she included were predictive: a picture of a pastor, a diploma, and the words "Making money while making a difference."
So why bring this up in the Hunger Rumblings blog? I am struck at the wisdom of a girl knowing that she can grow up to make money and make a difference. AND! It's not either/or it's both/and. I am humbled by the people in my life, like Annie, who hear God's call and answer "Here I am, send me."
Finally, I'm wondering how I would complete a vocational poster assignment at this age and stage in life. Think about it. What would you include on your poster?
Blessings on your day, Sue-s

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home